Sunday, September 30, 2007

The American Family (Journal #14)

My host family does not have children, so I do not have information about their attitudes toward their elders and toward others in authority, but I can say some information about the children in Japan, so I give you some of them. In Japan, some people give their children the strict discipline. They make their children take an examination for an elementary school. I think it is not good for children because they are just kids when they are kindergartners. They need to play with their friends and family. They need freedom. It is said that people’s personalities are made until they become 5 years old. That’s why I think they need freedom. They have to see and feel many things in that time to create good imaginations. Too much education can take away their originality and individualism. I feel that Japanese are easy to be prepossessed with formulary things. American seem feel freer to raise their children than Japanese. Americans make a point of originality, but Japanese make much of cooperation with others. I prefer the American one. To have strong individuality is a great thing.

2 comments:

leinster said...

The good thing is, Maiko, you get to pick your own parenting style when you have children someday...you get to pick the best out of both worlds.

Cynthia He said...

PLEASE COME AND ENJOY!^^
http://picasaweb.google.com/mavis825