Monday, September 10, 2007

Journal #5

Although it has past only a month since I came to the US, I have some changes to my sense of value. First, I became to say hello to people when eyes fitted somebody. It is an uncommon thing in Japan. We speak to only our friends. Yet American people always say hello to someone whom they meet at the bus stop, in the elevator, on the train, everywhere! They are very friendly. I like the American style because it makes me happy. Second, Americans know what they want to do, and do it. Most of students in university do not know what they want to do. So most of them study not so much, usually they spend their time to work to get pocket money, have fun more than study. So sometime it is said that university life is like a summer vacation of our lives. Opposite to this, I feel that students in US have strong aims of their future because when I ask them their dream, they usually can tell me clear ideas. They plan to make their interests their job. It is wonderful. I was so impressed and realized that it was very important thing for university students because we have to get our job soon. I would like to consider about my future seriously and find my dream in here. Because in my opinion, the happiest people are those whose work interests them.

No comments: